Sunday, November 1, 2009

Andy Warhol said “In the future everybody will be world famous for fifteen minutes” – You can’t choose the 15 minutes but why would you be world famou

Everyone gets a chance to be world famous for a whole fifteen minutes? Gosh, won’t it eventually get to a point where we would start forgetting who’s famous for what?
I mean, reading Heat and People magazine, watching E! Entertainment and listening to the “gossip columns” on the various radio stations is already like information overload! I think I’ve gotten to a point where I’m starting to wonder what Britney Spears is famous for – Mickey Mouse Club, Hit me baby one more time, drug abuse or losing so much weight in so little time?Ok, maybe it’s not that extreme, but listening to what the media has to say about tons of people can get a bit much after a while that one tends to loose track along the way, if that makes any sense?
I’m not too sure that’s what I want though – to be world famous, even if it is for a measly 15 minutes. Just imagine always having someone interested in what you’re doing, how you’re doing it and who you doing it with! Not for me. Thanks, but no thanks!
I’m pretty much of a private person. Yes I like to do adventurous, spontaneous things, but nothing to the extreme of allowing me to cash in on my so called “15 minutes of fame!”
I guess some of us are born to be in the spotlight, and others, like me, are best kept behind the scenes.
If everyone is supposed to have their 15 minutes of fame, I’ll be keeping low till the spotlight passes my area!

No comments:

Post a Comment